Affordable Workforce Rental Housing Exclusion Criteria
Applicants who meet eligibility and qualifications may be excluded from consideration for LCAHS rental housing, if any of the following apply:
- Unsatisfactory tenancy history (based on landlord references, receipt of notices to end tenancies, or review of past tenancies in subsidized housing).
- Providing false or fraudulent information.
- Failure to provide documents as requested, or consent as needed to verify information provided and to determine eligibility.
- Unable to demonstrate an ability to pay rent and/or failure to apply for and receive income from income programs, such as, but not limited to, the Ministry of Social Development or the Canada Pension Plan.
- Debt to a subsidized housing provider in B.C.
- Do not meet residency requirements.
- Unable to live independently
- Do not meet defined household groups
- Deliberately worsened current housing situation.
- Demonstration of unacceptable behaviours either in relation to a tenancy or in the community at large that may threaten the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of a community by others.
- If there is cause to believe that a household member is engaging in or has a history of criminal activity that may threaten the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the community by others, including the manufacturing or production of illegal drugs.